Thursday 28 October 2010

Eureka!

The Broadway Office. 2 Trederwen Road, Hackney, London, E8 4NB

26th October 2010

Dear Lisa & Francine

I refer to Lisa’s letter and Francine’s email of 13th October regarding the proposals for Security Fence and Gates on Lockner Estate.

Lisa’s letter was addressed to Charlotte Graves and I am replying on behalf of myself and Charlotte who has discussed this situation with me personally and who has also visited the estate to ensure that she is aware of the potential impact on residents.

Can I assure you that we genuinely want to listen to residents views and only carry out works of this nature to the estate if it is with the support of the residents.

Therefore in view of your correspondence and also taking into account the responses to the planning application we have halted the planning application in view of the feelings expressed by residents and the feedback from your TRA meeting.

I would like to be clear that the scheme was not in our programme for this year and the planning application was a precursory to any further activity on this project.

We completely agree that the appropriate approach is what Francine has proposed in her email; to discuss current security issues with residents and work to come together with realistic proposals.  If there is a solution which residents would like us to consider further we would then need to identify funding from other projects.

I hope that this communicates to residents that we have no intention of imposing a scheme which is not wanted and that we look forward to working constructively with you in the future.

If you would like to meet me with one of my colleagues from Hackney Homes, please contact me on 0208 356 1658.

Yours sincerely

Martin Weaver
Head of Planned Maintenance
Hackney Homes
martin.weaver@hackneyhomes.org,uk

No comments:

Post a Comment